Hi Pedro

> Betreff: Re: [ZODB-Dev] Data.fs size grows non-stop
>

> > Why not store the events on some BTree or similar structure with a
> > simple unique integer id, and use a separate BTree to map dates to
> > these events? You can even use zc.catalog or similar tools
> to create
> > that mapping - you would get a lot of query options for
> free with those as well.
> >

> Yeah, that would require a lot of changes, but it would be
> definitely great. What does zc.catalog have that zope.catalog
> doesn't, by the way?

If you need performance, take a look at the z3c.indexer package
which offers a much faster indexing concept. I implemented
this package because my app coudn't handle the implicit default
indexing handling. The README.txt explains what is different and how
to use it. It defently needs some work to implement a z3c.indexer
based indexing concept but if you do it right, it can handle a
lot more indexing tasks then the generic zope or zc.catalog
concept.

Here are some performance data:

z3c.indexer
indexer based indexing time:  2.47 s

zope.catalog
catalog based indexing time:  14.41 s

btw,
You can run the performance test by yourself
located in the z3c.indexer package.

Regards
Roger Ineichen