On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 9:26 PM, Jim Fulton <j...@zope.com> wrote:
> Undo is broken in a number of ways. Does anyone care?  Does anyone use undo?

Speaking from the Zope2/Plone crowd: I'm using it during development
with a local file storage at times.

In a real ZEO production setup, undo in Plone most of the time only
works for a quick: "revert the last transaction". For any transaction
that happened a while ago our catalog-overuse will cause some
persistent object inside the catalog to have changed in a later
transaction. Throwing away all changes done in the meantime is usually
not practical.

For recovery purposes of older data, we have found a bit of manual
work and zc.beforestorage to be the better approach.

So if undo is gone from ZEO it wouldn't be tragic. If the "remove last
transaction" could be retained, that would be nice.

Hanno