On 23 August 2010 19:08, Jim Fulton <j...@zope.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Laurence Rowe <l...@lrowe.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 23 August 2010 17:51, Jim Fulton <j...@zope.com> wrote:
>>> It's worth noting that these are not "the" docs.  I didn't write or
>>> review them.  I don't have any control over zodb.org. I have no idea
>>> how to comment on the docs. (I could possibly find out, but I don't have
>>> time
>>> to work that hard.)
>>> This is problematic.  I didn't write the docs and the docs
>>> are not part of the software.  I can't do anything about this
>>> I don't know if anyone who can deal with bugs has any control
>>> over zodb.org.
>>
>> That website is created from svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zodbdocs/trunk
>
> Cool.
>
>> Those docs used to live in ZODB. I converted them to rst from latex to
>> make them easier to edit.
>
> I appreciate the good intention. :) Honestly.
>
>> They've mostly not been updated since 2002
>> though.
>
> :/ Sigh.
>
> I'll have to think about what the next step is then.  This will probably
> involve deleting lots of wrong content.
>
> Do you maintain zodb.org then?  What's the process for updating it?

I created the zodbdocs following the examples of zope2docs and
zope3docs for docs.zope.org. Jens Vagelpohl added them to the cron job
that updates docs.zope.org and is the person responsible for that site
as far as I know. At some point they were moved to zodb.org, which
runs on the same box.

As for updating it, just check in changes to svn. The cron job picks
up changes and rebuilds the sphinx docs every hour (or perhaps every
day).

Laurence