On 10/25/2010 07:40 PM, David Carmean wrote:
> I'm starting to dig into the code, but perhaps this can
> be answered quickly: can RelStorage be used in place of
> FileStorage for ZEO storage?

It should work if a single ZEO server is the only client of RelStorage.

> I work with a product that has a number of dependencies
> upon ZEO, directly (Zenoss).  Several months down the
> road, the are migrating from ZEO to RelStorage.  In the
> meantime, I would like to see if I can just drop RelStorage
> in behind ZEO as part of a cross-site HA strategy.

In that case, it sounds like you want to set up multiple ZEO servers as
clients of RelStorage.  In that configuration, I suspect the ZEO servers
would not update each other reliably.

I haven't tried Zenoss yet, but surely it can be configured to open a
storage other than ZEO.

Shane