Hello,

  I have a customer who run a ZEO setup with ZODB 3.8.4. They report
  this error:

2011-01-31T12:02:24 Unexpected error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/opt/zope/newbuildout/parts/zope2/lib/python/ZODB/ConflictResolution.py",
line 207, in tryToResolveConflict
    resolved = resolve(old, committed, newstate)
  File
"/opt/zope/newbuildout/parts/zope2/lib/python/ZODB/ConflictResolution.py",
line 141, in __cmp__
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: can't reliably compare against different
PersistentReferences

  Does anyone know to what this error relate ?

  They have been running their ZEO setup for quite a while, and never
  experienced any issue. That doesn't seems to 'break' the database either.

  I am not really sure what to say about this error.

  Regards,

  Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae