On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Alan Runyan <runy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Jim Fulton <j...@zope.com> wrote:
>> We're evaluating AWS for some of our applications and I'm thinking of adding
>> some options to support using S3 to store Blobs:
>
> Mind clarifying, is the application on-premise but Blobs are in AWS/S3?
> Or your application running in AWS/EC2 and storing Blobs in S3?

This is hypothetical, at this point, but the app would be running in
AWS.

Our initial thought was to store the blobs in EBS along with the
file-storage data file, but we've been hearing horror stories about
EBS.  Also, it appears that you only pay for what you use in S3, while
with EBS, we'd end up needing to have some excess space for growth
between times that we reallocate space, this making S3 more cost
competative that it first appeared.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton