> Just had a quick query from my friendly local DBA; he wanted to know why
> --clear was using DELETE rather than TRUNCATE; his comments were along the
> lines of:
> * TRUNCATE creates no UNDO
> * TRUNCATE cleans out the indexes nicer
>
> Is there any real downside or gotcha I should be aware of to following
> this suggestion in this instance?

To be clear:

This is RelStorage 1.5.0 running against Oracle RAC 10g.

I tried changing the line in question (relstorage/adapters/schema.py line
895) to "TRUNCATE TABLE %s" % table, and the following error is generated:
ORA-02266: unique/primary keys in table referenced by enabled foreign keys

So I guess without a bunch of work it will not be possible.

regards,
Darryl Dixon
Winterhouse Consulting Ltd
http://www.winterhouseconsulting.com