On 07/13/2012 02:42 PM, Santi Camps wrote:
On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Shane Hathaway <sh...@hathawaymix.org
<mailto:sh...@hathawaymix.org>> wrote:

    On 07/12/2012 01:30 PM, Santi Camps wrote:

        My specific question is: if I disable pack-gc, can I safety empty
        object_ref table and free this space?

    Certainly.  However, most of the 23 GB probably consists of blobs;
    blobs are not shown in the query results you posted.

    Shane

Thanks for your answer.  I haven't blobs inside ZODB, but truncating
object_ref table has shrink the database to 12GB   Great improvement, I
prefer that config because in this application deletions are rare

BTW, to prevent a future possible accident, you should also clear object_refs_added so that RelStorage will know to repopulate object_ref if you ever decide to re-enable pack-gc. Otherwise, re-enabling pack-gc could delete too much.

Shane