you might be interested in
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/souper/
which addresses this kind of problem

hth Jens

On 2013-12-10 23:46, Tamer Higazi wrote:
Hi people!

I am working a lot with IOB and OOB Trees as well with PersistentDict
and PersistentList to store my Data in ZODB.
I want to ask if there is a way to grab data from a dataset by search time.

I know only the SQL way:

select lower(COL1) from table1 where COL1 LIKE 'aa%'

so usually I want to get the entryies only that starts with 'aa'

do I have to iterate the entire dict with an interator or are there
builtin functions that could accomplish those tasks for me ?!

I would kindly thank you

Tamer

Klein & Partner KG, member of BlueDynamics Alliance