Hi
Is /usr/java link in the whole root zone a valid link ie

what does ls -ld /usr/java say in the local zone?
it should be the same as the global zone, but in whole root zones in update 1, the link was broken due to issues with java and gnone.

Enda

David J. Orman wrote:
Well, the "fix" mentioned didn't work. :) This is:

# uname -a
SunOS server2 5.10 Generic_Patch_118844-30 i86pc i386 i86pc
#

All patches suggested by smpatch have been installed. Including the patch with the "fix".

# showrev -p | grep 119415-05
Patch: 119415-05 Obsoletes:  Requires:  Incompatibles:  Packages: SUNWgnome-a11y-libs, SUNWgnome-a11y-libs-share, SUNWgnome-a11y-libs-devel-share, SUNWgnome-a11y-libs-devel

Yet:

# zonecfg -z zone7 info
zonepath: /export/zones/zone7
autoboot: true
pool:
net:
        address: 66.91.129.189
        physical: e1000g0
# zoneadm -z zone7 install
Preparing to install zone <zone7>.
Creating list of files to copy from the global zone.
Copying <131400> files to the zone.
Initializing zone product registry.
Determining zone package initialization order.
Preparing to initialize <1053> packages on the zone.
Initialized <1053> packages on zone.
Zone <zone7> is initialized.
Installation of these packages generated warnings: <SUNWgnome-a11y-libs-share>
The file </export/zones/zone7/root/var/sadm/system/logs/install_log> contains a log of the zone installation.
#

Thus, still no working Studio 11 install inside the zone. Any other ideas? This is a bit frustrating, I can't complete migration of services until I can compile the ones I need. ;)

Thanks,
David