Hi,

I recently tried to test this feature.

I passed access to e.g. /dev/*dsk/c0t0d0s* devices to non-global zone using zonecfg/device/match syntax.

Then, in non-global zone, I tried to use format(1M) to repartition this storage device but I was not able to perform this.

# format
Searching for disks...done

AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
      0. c1t1d0 <SUN72G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 424>
         sd1 at pci1000,500 slave 8
Specify disk (enter its number): 0
selecting c1t1d0
[disk unformatted]

FORMAT MENU:
       disk       - select a disk
       type       - select (define) a disk type
       partition  - select (define) a partition table
       current    - describe the current disk
       format     - format and analyze the disk
       repair     - repair a defective sector
       label      - write label to the disk
       analyze    - surface analysis
       defect     - defect list management
       backup     - search for backup labels
       verify     - read and display labels
       save       - save new disk/partition definitions
       inquiry    - show vendor, product and revision
       volname    - set 8-character volume name
       !<cmd>     - execute <cmd>, then return
       quit
format> verify
Current Disk is unformatted.