Hi Peter
I know that there are problems with the patch clusters at present
see bug-id

6407693 06.04.01 S10 Recommended Cluster has an incorrect patch install order

basically 119254-19 is being installed before it's required patches, which leads to it not installing.

Possibly this might have caused some problems for you

Do you have a log of the recommended cluster installation?

I have installed this patch to whole-root zones and not seen any issues, I suspect that somehow the patch utiltis patch dod not install before 118712?

Enda

Peter Wilk wrote:

IHAC that has a full non-global zone and is having an issue patching the
zone. Customer goes to install the recommended patch list and it
installs on the global zone fine. On the full non-global zone he gets
errors similiar tothe following:

sedona% more 118712-09.log.9307
Package not patched:
PKG=SUNWpfb.u
Original package not installed.
Package not patched:
PKG=SUNWpfb.us
Original package not installed.

This appears to be an attempt to install the same architecture and
version of a package which is already installed.  This installation
will attempt to overwrite this package.

Dryrun complete.
No changes were made to the system.

This appears to be an attempt to install the same architecture and
version of a package which is already installed.  This installation
will attempt to overwrite this package.

Dryrun complete.
No changes were made to the system.

This appears to be an attempt to install the same architecture and
version of a package which is already installed.  This installation
will attempt to overwrite this package.

pkgadd: ERROR: unable to create unique temporary file
</usr/lib/fbconfig/SUNWpfb_configIxaOBs>: (3
0) Read-only file system

Installation of <SUNWpfbcf> partially failed.

I seen calls in sunsolve that seem similiar and they point to patch
        119254-19
Title:  SunOS 5.10: Install and Patch Utilities Patch.

Customer is at release 19 on the global zone.

So, is this a known issue or if not what is the correct procedure to
patch a  full non-global zone

Thanks

Peter

Please respond to me directly for I may not be on this alias