Peter,

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 11:35:17AM -0400, Peter Wilk wrote:
> IHAC that is asking the following question and I am not sure how to
> answer..any thoughts would be appreciated..
>
> Peter
> PS: not sure if I am sending to the correct aliases

  You've hit the right places.

> My current question is how do you make the db parms the system(zone)
> defaults ? Would I move the entries to the 'system' project ? the
> 'default' project ?

  There is unfortunately no way to set the default limits for the
  system, nor is there a way to do so for a zone.  There is an RFE for
  this, though:

    4726588 there ought to be a mechanism to modify the system's default
resource limits

  Please add a call record for your customer.

> We 'fixed' the problem by making our '/etc/project' look like this
>
> system:0::::
> user.root:1::::
> noproject:2::::
> default:3::::
> group.staff:10::::
> user.oracle:100:oracle
> dbs:oracle::process.max-msg-qbytes=(priv,360000,deny);process.max-sem-nsems=(priv,1024,deny);project.max-sem-ids=(priv,1024,deny);project.max-msg-ids=(priv,4095,deny);project.max-shm-memory=(priv,4189884416,deny)

  That's actually not a bad fix.  In fact, I strongly recommend making
  such customizations to an Oracle-specific project over making them to
  the system as a whole.

  Dave