On 6/29/06, James Carlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mike Gerdts writes:
> > - Zone roots can be setup on SAN LUNs as long as the HBA drivers are in the
Solaris 10 DVD miniroot. This allows for OS upgrades. We are using the Sun-branded
Qlogic HBAs which are handled by the Leadville driver and is part of the miniroot so
this criterion is covered.

> Zone roots should have nothing to do with HBA drivers.  Zones do not
> run their own kernel, and as such this a non-issue.

It's true that non-global zones don't have their own kernel, but the
rest is not true.

Somehow I translated upgrade -> patching in my mind and hence my
response.  After clearing that up, it makes a lot more sense.

Mike

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/