On 7/28/06, Madhura Limaye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I wanted to know if there can be a possibility of a non-global zone
dying abruptly, similar to a system going down due to a panic?

User error, most likely.

If there is, can I expect that even in such a situation, any network
interfaces configured for the non-global zone (whether through zonecfg
or manually through ifconfig) will be removed? Or is there a possibility
of the network interfaces for the non-global zone remaining as
configured even though the non-global zone is down?

The fix for bug 6395576 adds the following failure mode:

If two interfaces are in an IPMP group and there are no global zone
addresses attached to the interfaces (link-based failure detection),
then upon a link failure and failback, a zone IP address can migrate
back to the physical interface (e.g. bge2) rather than back to the
virtual interface where it started (e.g. bge2:1).  When the zone is
halted in this situation, the IP address stays active on bge2 until
you unplumb it.  This also prevents the zone from completely shutting
down.

Mike

--
Mike Gerdts