Paul Kraus wrote:
On 7/31/06, Steffen Weiberle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Home directories are more problematic; you will need to loopback mount
> them into the local zones.

Is the underlying problem being worked on, or is it worth an RFE to make this transparent (automount
if remote, auto-lofs if local (not sure how to tell))?

How are they more problematic ??? I must be missing something here ?

       If the home directories are auto-mounted, then work just like
on a non-zoned system. NFS from remote servers is mounted via NFS, if
the global zone is the home directory server, then the NFS mount is
supposed to be converted into an LOFS mount (just as any auto-mount of
a server by itself is). I haven't tried this yet, as none of our zoned
systems are NFS server (yet), but home directory mounts from remote
servers into non-global zones works just fine.

I believe the problem is that the zone looks like a separate system
so the automounter within the zone does not know to use lofs to
mount the filesystem from the global zone; it uses nfs instead.

Jerry