On 8/2/06, Stefano Pini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

are EBS or Legato available to install on the local zone instead of the
global zone? I have't found nothing about that...

       I know you asked about Legato, but as another data point,
Veritas NetBackup 6.x is supported and works just fine as a client in
non-global zones. Due to the way it handles access to libraries and
tape devices, server functionality is limited to a global zone (at
this point).

       We typically backup the non-global zones via the global zone,
but cannot do that with live Oracle (RMAN based) backups. We have been
running the NBU Solaris Oracle Agent in non-global zones for a few
months now without any issues.

--
Paul Kraus