Ah, fishing stories...

Containers and CPU-caps is what my customer really wanted when we ended up supporting FairShareII for then on 2.5.1. The pre-cursor to SRM. They had 3,000 separate Netscape 2.x instances running on a E4000, just two CPUs but mucho $$ of memory back then. NS would call netstat on every start, and it got worse as more interfaces came up. We broke lots of things, but eng came through big time and we got the deal. I tried 10,000 web sites on an Ultra 2. Dog slow.

Steffen

PS. i don't fish