He is using the DVD.

David Lacerte wrote:
Dave,
I just read that the upgrade from 10 1/06 to 10 6/06 if non-global ZONES are configured must use the
DVD version of the Solaris OS and not the CD-ROM version.   LiveUpgrade is (unfortunately) not yet supported if non-global zones are configured.

Here is the section of the docs.sun.com doc I found.   There is not much documentation on this subject that I can find.

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-5505/6mkv5m1jj?a=view#etesq

Does the system being upgraded have a DVD-ROM drive or a CD-ROM drive?   If it only has a CD-ROM you will need to establish a boot/jumpstart server that contains a copy of the Solaris 10 6/06 DVD-ROM  image.
If the server is booted from this network DVD-ROM image it "should" be able to see the SAN disks.

I have upgraded a Solaris 10 1/06 with non-global zones in a lab to the latest 10 6/06 using the network boot image (since I do not have a DVD-ROM drive in all my lab servers), but I have not had experience with SAN disks since my lab does not have SAN disks available.

Dave Lacerte
Area System Support Engineer
x67177