Hi,

I came across a zone example that looks like this:

fs:
                dir: /tmp
                special: swap
                raw not specified
                type: tmpfs

Hmm ... I think I know what the person is trying to do, give the zone its own swap space of 1024 (something, bit, byte, ectoplasmic unit - I just checked the manpage and size isn't a mount option). I'm surprised zonecfg let me get away with this, I just did it on S10U2.

# zonecfg -z zone1
zonecfg:zone1> add fs
zonecfg:zone1:fs> set dir=/tmp
zonecfg:zone1:fs> set special=swap
zonecfg:zone1:fs> set type=tmpfs
zonecfg:zone1:fs> add options ["size=1024"]
zonecfg:zone1:fs> end
zonecfg:zone1> verify
zonecfg:zone1> commit
zonecfg:zone1> exit
# zoneadm -z zone1 boot
# zlogin zone1
# df -k |grep swap
swap                       8       0       8     0%    /tmp
swap                 7025152     272 7024880     1%    /etc/svc/volatile
swap                 7024912      32 7024880     1%    /var/run

Does this in fact do anything? Should my hands not have been smacked, why is zonecfg so accomodating? Have we published examples of how to do this anywhere? Should I file a bug?

CT