On 9/7/06, Krzys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello all, I am just getting into zones, so I have a system on which I wanted to
create few zones, when I do install it does fail on legato packages. I do not
need to install legato packages in my zones so I woul dlike to exclude them,
whats the easiest way to do it during the configuration of zone process?

If you are using pkgadd to install the Legato software (it has been
years since I installed Networker), then you can just hand pkgadd the
'-G' option which tells pkgadd to only install in the current zone. So
if you are installing Legato in the global zone, you would just do a
'pkgadd -G -d .' in the directory with the packages. This would instll
Legato in the global zone only.

See the man page for pkgadd for more information as well as
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1592/6mhahuor2?a=view and
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1592/6mhahuorh?a=view for
information about packages and zones.

--