I'm just catching up, and I would agree with David's assessment. If you go back to the original email and your follow-on one, you will see that the times listed are all subsecond. If you are noticing DNS delays, they are probably multi-second, so something else is wrong.

Some snoops might help confirm that. Which system is the DNS server?