Ihsan Zaghmouth wrote On 09/14/06 11:59,:
Hi again,

I am posting this message just in case it was missed or forgotten.
*Can we assign the Zone to a pool and  the Zone's Project to another pool ?*

I don't believe so. The pools should not be visible in a zone, as they are a *system* resource, and messing with that could affect other zones.

Since projects are naming instance based, and each zone has its own instance, the global zone's view of projects would be different from a non-global zone, and therefor the global adminstrator would not be able to put process(es) associated with a zone's project into a pool only visible in global.

I don't know if global could move NGZs' processes from one pool to another.

Steffen

any thoughts ?

cheers
Ihsan

Ihsan Zaghmouth wrote:

Hi,

A general question regarding *Zones, Pools and Projects* within these Zones. I am aware of zone associations to pools and their psets. Many zones to 1 pool and not visa versa.

The question is, if we decide on 2 Pools, could we associate a *Zone* to pool_1 (set pool = "pool_1" in zonecfg or poolbind) and the *Project *within this *Zone *to the other pool via the *project.pool = "pool_2"* under FSS and is there any reservations for doing so ?

cheers
Ihsan

--
**