Irlando,

I guess you are confusing the term "container" for "zone".  Am I right or Wrong ?
Containers are resources that used to exist before Zones came into picture in Solaris10.
Containers are "Projects/Tasks" that are defined under either framework,  Global or Local Zones.

The evolution of SRM (Solaris Resource Manager) started in 2.6 and had Containers evolution support in 8 and 9.
In Solaris10, another isolated level from the Global Zone, was the birth of Local Zones, supporting Projects at their level too.

Accordingly, it won't be fair to relate Solaris8 to be virtualized within a Solaris10 Zone. It won't make sense to mix both releases.

That is my belief. Any thoughts to the discussion ?

cheers
Ihsan

Irlando Barros wrote:
IHAC with the following question after I aswered NO to his original
question because all zones share a common kernel,(solaris 10); than he
reply with following:

does Sun provides or promotes/supports (from another vendor) any method
of virtualization for Solaris8?

How about this
http://www.sun.com/software/products/container_mgr/index.xml  ?

Thanks in advance for your time and help
Irlando

My2Signature

Ihsan Zaghmouth
Sr. SAP Solution Architect