Team,

QUICK QUESTION:

How do you setup debugging for startup scripts on local zones in Solaris 10?

We didn't find anything helpful in the
/var/svc/log/milestone-multi-user-server:default.log file and we can't put set
-x in /etc/rc# because the console belongs to the global zone right?

Any help on this would be apprecieted, Jay

BACK GROUND INFO:

My customer is unable to run any of her rc scripts on over 18 different local
zones on three different Solaris 10 boxes.  She's running Orcacle and Control M
scripts that have worked on all the previous releases of Solaris, but they do
not work on the global or local zones.  So far, we've verified the following:

-cu is able to run the rc scripts by hand once the system is up and running
-the scripts were put into /etc/rc2.d and /etc/rc3.d to no avail
-I'm waiting on details to get the exact steps that she went through to get her
startup scripts going and will have that for you if you need it

Jason Gallagher
Operating Systems Group Support Team
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Working hours: Sat/Sun 6am - 6pm & Mon/Tue 8am - 5pm MNT
Phone: Call 1-800-USA4-SUN and reference your case id
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Case info located at http://www.sun.com/service/online