Hi,

My understanding is that you can create pools in the GZ and attach
zones to them. However, you can't create pools or psets from a NGZ. You
can of course create projects within a zone with resource capping,
lwps, ipc settings, etc. Those projects would not be visable/available
in the global zone, since projects are stored locally in /etc/project
(this applies both ways). So the the key is to create your psets and
pools in the global zone, attach your zones to the the correct pools.
And finally create your projects. Each zone will pull resources from
the assigned pool. You can nest some resource capping obviously
(memory, lwp, etc.) So you could cap the memory for a zone (zonecfg)
and then use projects within that zone to cap memory to another level.
CPU caps and memsets will extend this even further.

Octave

Octave J. Orgeron
Solaris Systems Engineer
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/sysadmin/