On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >It appears that I've hit some bugs related to this.  On "Machine A"
> >running Update 2 with kernel patch 118855-15, with no /etc/project files
> >anywhere on the system, when I login (/usr/bin/ksh set for shell) I see:
>
> I'm also interested in all other processes and their limits.
>
> What do non-shell processes have for limits?

Problem identified!
<redfaced>
<embarrassed>
<confession>
I "found" a 'ulimit -n 1000' in my .profile - which had been copied across
the machines/zones with ruthless efficiency by a script I use when setting
up a new machine/zone.

Except, of course, that one zone the (test?zone) that worked correctly!
</confession>
</embarrassed>
</redfaced>

Sorry for the wasted bandwidth.

:(

Al Hopper  Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           Voice: 972.379.2133 Fax: 972.379.2134  Timezone: US CDT
OpenSolaris.Org Community Advisory Board (CAB) Member - Apr 2005
                OpenSolaris Governing Board (OGB) Member - Feb 2006