Hi Ulf,

It's not clear to me, from your mail, whether or not you're planning to deploy on Sun Cluster. Can you confirm one way or the other? I might be able to help if you're going to use Sun Cluster.

Thanks,
Zoram

Ulf Björklund wrote:
Hi All,

I'm about to deploy a new platform for about 30+ oracle instances.
These will be Ora 9i to Ora 10g. The availability for these will match
what you'll get from SunCluster HA Oracle agents. (FailOverServices)
The instances will be spread over three to five nodes so one could
manually balance the load. (planned actions)

Would it be preferable to use one zone for each ora-instance instead of
making then HA-aware in the global zone as traditional HA-services?
(Ora in zones might be more integrated in SC3.2)

Some obvious tasks is acctually easier to manage in a zone, like
local users, roles, profiles, system resources and so on.

Any comments and suggestions on the different approach is much appreciated.

/Best Regards
Ulf