Well let me pose a question to you then.  I'm planning
on running Mysql5 in a NGZ.  The blastwave package for
Mysql5 includes the SMF service definition to fire
everything up.  From what you described, wouldn't make
more sense to use an inherit-pkg-dir since that will
force the package instance to be installed in the zone
as well, thus retaining all the stuff that DOESN'T
reside in /opt/csw?