Detlef,

To be specific, do you mean that within the global zone, you have
to do the following:
 1. Add the zfs filesystem as legacy filesystem.
 2. Manually add entry into /etc/vfstab (please provide example as
    I don't see one anywhere).
 3. Mount the zfs filesystem in the global zone.
 4. Create the zone with the legacy mode zfs (type=zfs) as a part
    of the zone config.
 5. Install the zone.
 6. Umount the zfs filesystem from the global zone.

Is that about it?  If you will provide of a working vfstab entry,
I will try it out here in my lab.

Thanks in advance,
Brad