Hello Detlef,

What I want to do is add a new non-gobal zone where the
initial zone config includes a legacy mode zfs filesystem.
If the zfs filesystem exists but is not mounted, when you
install the zone, you get an error similar to the following:

Preparing to install zone <m1>.
ERROR: No such file or directory: cannot mount
</data/zones/m1/root/zfstest> in non-global zone to install: the source
block device or directory <backup/zfstest> cannot be accessed
ERROR: cannot setup zone <m1> inherited and configured file systems
ERROR: cannot setup zone <m1> file systems inherited and configured from
the global zone
ERROR: cannot create zone boot environment <m1>
zoneadm: zone 'm1': '/usr/lib/lu/lucreatezone' failed with exit code 74.
Error: Zone installation failed, return value: 0

I want to know if there are specific steps that I can
incorporate into my zonemgr script to enable this without
having to wait until the zone is created and add the zfs
filesystem as a second step.

Thanks in advance,
Brad