Hi Enda

Thanks for the reply...

Would you be able to explain how the patching is done on halted zone specifically how the /var which is not mounted in the halted zone is being updated. Thanks!

rgds
shawn

Enda O'Connor wrote:

Shawn LEE C. H. wrote:

Hi

Quick question:

I have a few sparse root container created with its own individual /var mount in different devices. During patching, I had shutdown the system to single user mode. Files under /var/sadm in global would have been updated to reflect the patch info and level to the system. How then can these changes be updated to the various zones' /var/sadm files??

rgds
shawn

Hi
There is a bug in patchadd that meant halted zones with seperate /var were not patched correctly.
This has been resolved in 119255/119254-31.
You will need the zones running in order to install this patch, then patchadd will be able to handle halted zones thereafter.

Enda