We are running a number of servers with Solaris 10 installed.  All, but one,
are running the 6/06 release on SunFire V240s, and the remaining one is now
running the 11/06 release on a SunBlade 150.  Most of the servers already have
zones running on them, however, now when we create a new zone on any of the
machines, we are getting the following error when we try to boot:

# zoneadm -z <zonename> boot
zoneadm: zone '<zonename>': These file-systems are mounted on subdirectories of
/zones/<zonename>/root:
zoneadm: zone '<zonename>':   /zones/<zonename>/root/var
zoneadm: zone '<zonename>': call to zoneadmd failed

The zone was created using the following command:
# zonecfg -z <zonename> -f <zonename>.config

Where <zonename>.config file looks like:

create
set zonepath=/zones/<zonename>
set autoboot=true
add net
set physical=<interface>
set address=<ip address>
end
set pool=pool_default
add rctl
set name=zone.cpu-shares
add value (priv=privileged,limit=2,action=none)
end
add fs
set dir=/var
set special=/var/zones/<zonename>/var
set type=lofs
set options=[rw,nodevices]
end
add fs
set dir=/export/home
set special=/export/home/zones/<zonename>/home
set type=lofs
set options=[rw,nodevices]
end
add fs
set dir=/usr/local/etc
set special=/zones/<zonename>/usr/local/etc
set type=lofs
set options=[rw,nodevices]
end
verify
commit
exit

Any thoughts and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay Morrison
UNIX System Administrator
Software Unit