Jay Morrison wrote:
This method has worked for us in the past (with the zones that we've created prior to the original problem) - the reason we are put the zone's /var in /var/zones/<zonename>/var is to keep the /zones filesystem from filling up with log files in case something on the server goes awry.
FYI, we have used the following as a guide for splitting out a zone's /var:
http://www2.petervg.nl/cgi-bin/docs.cgi?a=read&doc=186

Thanks,
Jay Morrison
UNIX System Administrator
Software Unit
NY State Education Department
(518) 474-3703
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hmm, so I was wrong, what was the original problem you mention above, from looking at the code on opensolaris, it appears that a mount point for /zones/<zonename>/root/var is already in place in the zone.

Enda