Hello Tony,

The usage that you specified below will place your zone root
in /zones/m1.  At this point in time there is no storage
containment management within zonemgr for the non-global root mount
point.  (e.g. /zones/m1)  If you wish to limit the storage of that
mount point to 5GB then you will need to do that in the global zone.
Also note that at the present time Solaris does not support non-global
zone root being put on a ZFS filesystem.  Thus /zones/m1 should be
some other filesystem type such as UFS.

With regards to directory inheritance, zonemgr by default creates a
sparse root zone.  This means that the default system directories
(/lib, /usr, /sbin, and /platform) are inherited from the global zone.

With regards to packaging, for both sparse and whole root (e.g. no
directories inherited) the non-global zone will contain all packages
that are present in the global zone.  If the application to which you
refer is installed in the global zone via pkgadd, then the application
bits will also be installed in each non-global zone.  Data and
configuration of the application in the global zone however will not be
installed/copied into the non-global zone.

Hope that helps!

Brad