-----Original Message-----

From:  Lori Alt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subj:  Re: [zones-discuss] Re: [zfs-discuss] Downsides to zone roots on ZFS?
Date:  Wed Feb 7, 2007 2:51 pm
Size:  1K
To:  Jerry Jelinek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:  ZFS discussion list <zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org>; John Clingan <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>; Zones discussion list <zones-discuss@opensolaris.org>

Jerry Jelinek wrote:
> John Clingan wrote:
>>> This is incorrect.  All S10 updates have supported upgrading systems
>>> with zones.  I believe what you are thinking of is that live-upgrade
>>> does not support upgrading systems with zones.  This is being
>>> fixed in the next S10 update.  It is already fixed in nevada.
>>>
>> Which Nevada build?
>
> The install code changes look like they were integrated into b53.  Some
> of the zones support that was needed had been integrated earlier.
> The bug is 6264796.
>
>> When will zone roots on ZFS be supported by live upgrade?
>
> I don't know.  Asking the install team would be your best bet.
Zone roots on ZFS will definitely be supported by liveupgrade
at the time that zfs as a root file system is supported, currently
planned for Update 5.  There is a possibility that liveupgrade for
zone roots on ZFS will be supported earlier than Update 5, if it
can be released as a bug fix.

Lori