Nicolas Williams wrote:
On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 03:27:30PM -0600, Robert Gordon wrote:
There maybe a conflicting security requirement here. Lets say
I'm SA of the zone and i have exported /export/foo with krb5i
(since my foo really needs tight security :) ) to a limited
set of clients. Then along comes Mr Global SA and exports it
with auth_sys to any old nfs client..

seems like that might be an issue ?

Clearly if a zone is in charge of its exports then there should be no
trivial way for a g-z admin to interfere short of using zlogin to
interfere from within that zone.

The interesting question is: how this works on upgrade where the g-z had
shares inside a zone.  Do we move these shares into the zone, or do we
have a concept of zones that delegate sharing power to the g-z?

delegation just like stack instances and ZFS.

--
Darren J Moffat