Zones gurus,

Got this note from our lab tech...
Would that allow us to restore it after the installation upgrade?

Thanks,
Russ
It looks like the upgrade failed. I had to upgrade the firmware but because of that I
need to get a newer version of the OS installed for the system to work right. The
problem seems to be the zones setup. They are causing a package to fail during the
install so the install is backed out.

The only thing I can suggest is for you to remove the zones you configured to make
the system not know about them. I'm not saying delete the zones, but just make the
system not know of them so the upgrade can work without the condition that the
upgrade work around the zones.

Issue Type: Installation
Synopsis : request to upgrade Solaris 10 from U2 to U3

Description :
have the OS on ps-niagara1 upgraded from U2 to U3.
(not a fresh install - we have software installed in zones on the machine).