On Sun 11 Mar 2007 at 02:05PM, Stephen Hahn wrote:

>    I couldn't find this in the FAQ, and don't want to experiment with
>    mixing fs and inherit-pkg-dir directives.  Is there a way to get the
>    inherit-pkg-dir filesystems to preserve the setuid/setgid bits (so
>    that /usr/lib/sendmail is setgid to smmsp)?  The zone already exists,
>    so removing the inherit-pkg-dir would be... inconvenient.

I'm confused-- Since an inherit-pkg-dir is really just a read-only
lofs mount, /usr/lib/sendmail should be setgid or setuid or whatever.

At least on my box, you can see that the mount allows setuid:

/pl/zones/tz2/root/usr on /usr read only/setuid/nodevices/nosub/dev=800000
                                         ^^^^^^

But I suspect you know that, and that I'm not understanding the
question...?

        -dp