On 3/15/07, Jeff Victor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Inheriting 1, 2, or 3 of these dir's isn't called anything, and very little,
if any, testing has been done to see what happens with those.

See http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1592/6mhahuoog?a=view for some more
info.

Huh?

I've been using zones since before Sun was shipping Solaris 10 CD's,
with various combinations of inherit-pkg-dir and have followed
zones-discuss regularly for a very long time.  This is the first that
I have heard anyone mention that only SUNWdefault SUNWblank are the
supported configurations.  If that is the case, why on earth does
inherit-pkg-dir exist in the zonecfg man page?  I see nothing about
the supportability of alternate inherit-pkg-dir selections listed in
the page above.

The OP's questions regarding the -G option suggests that the global
zone may have been patched with patchadd -G, which would result in
confusing configurations with the various non-global zones.  Perhaps
patchrm and patchadd (sans -G) would be in order.

Mike

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/