On Sat 17 Mar 2007 at 04:47PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >The IP Instances part of project crossbow deliver the feature to have a zone
> >have its own view of the stack. It is available as a BFU on top of NV, but
> >not yet integrated into NV.
This is slightly inaccurate: I allows each zone to have its *own*
stack, not a view into a single centralized stack.
> IP instances have integrated. (build 56 or something?
In b57. The key things (I think) to know for IP Instances:
- Configuration time choice for the administrator
- A complete and tunable network stack per zone-- including
DHCP client, IPsec, etc.
- Provides much greater network configuration flexibility for zones
- Less centralized control in the global zone
- Currently must be tied to a physical NIC -- in other words
you must dedicate a real NIC (not a logical interface)
to each IP instance you want to run. This limitation is
expected to be lifted when the Virtual NIC part of Crossbow is
Daniel Price - Solaris Kernel Engineering - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - blogs.sun.com/dp
zones-discuss mailing list