Platform E25K
Solaris 10 11/06

The issue the customer is having is after adding a dataset to a non-global zone
they need to create local fs called /global and /clocal. This way they ensure a
lun belongs to a zone for portability and migration issues.  They also want to
create a global zone pool for shared binaries and content called zshare that we
will mount to individual zones as need.
As they said unfortunately their standards dictate that they get mounted within
the local directory hierarch /clocal or /global.  This is where the problem is.
 The lofs shared dir tries to mount before the local zfs filesystems and fails.
 It is a mount time issue where zoneadmd isn't aware of fs-local or vice-versa.
 They'd like to open an RFE to get this functionality included. I would like to
know if it is designed to do this and or do we have further recommendations on
a better way to do this?

Here is what they are trying to do:
for example  syntax may be snipped but you get the point

zpool create <zonename> <lun#>

zonecfg
add fs
set dir=/clocal/site/vendor/MOZILLA      ------------> we'd like this dir
mounted within the dataset directory structure below at boot.
set special=/zshare/csv/MOZILLA
set options=[ro,nodevices]
add dataset
set name=<zonename>

zfs create <zonename>/z01
zfs set mountpoint=/clocal/site/vendor/MOZILLA <zonename>/z01      ------>>>
the above can be done after this,      but the share dir will not mount within
the /clocal directory structure at boot
zfs set quota=2gig

We have a work around where we mount the /zshare/csv/MOZILLA under root at boot
of a non-global zone.  set filesystem to legacy within ZFS and mount lofs to
the correct place with /etc/vfstab.

Is this expected behavior?  I did refer the customer to:

79574
 Title: Storage properties in Solaris[TM] 10 zones
I also referred him too:  Bugid: 6347497 'add fs' of a ZFS filesystem doesn't
work for a local zone
See RFE 5044015 Zone can't boot with imported SVM device
and  Bug ID: 6250256
 Synopsis: Mount fails, zone services not started if additional
 devices mounted
as well as I told him to reference:
www.sun.com/software/solaris/howtoguides/containersLowRes.jsp

But I can't find concrete data if this is expected and or if I should create an
rfe.

Any guidance and or assistance would be appreciated.

TIA

       Jill Manfield - TSE-OS Support Team
       email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  phone: (800)USA-4SUN (Reference your case #)
       address:  1617 Southwood Drive Nashua,NH 03063
       mailstop: NSH-01- B287
       Mgr: Mike Gauthier: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Submit, View and Update tickets at http://www.sun.com/service/online

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
The U.S. Energy Policy Act of 2005 mandates that Daylight Saving Time (DST) in
the United States of America start on the second Sunday in March and end on the
first Sunday in November starting in 2007.  To see how your Sun System or
Software may be affected, please visit http://www.sun.com/dst

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
and delete all copies.