Kevin Van Der Hart wrote:
When I telnet to any non-listening port on a global zone, I get
connection refused. When I telnet to any non-listening port on a
local zone that has a virtual address on the same NIC as the global
zone, I get connection refused. When I telnet to any non-listening
port on a local zone that has a virtual address on an alternate NIC
that is on a different physical network, I get no response and have
to wait for a long timeout. Performing a telnet to a port that has a
service listening responds normally. I have been able to recreate
this problem on multiple servers, different hardware platforms (280R,
T2000).

Oracle Application server requires being able to verify ports that
are not in use.

Any idea why I don't get connection refused only on zones on
alternate NICs? Any way to change this?

This might be related to CR 6453678 'TCP RST are routed as if they were
sent by the global zone'.

Do you see this in S10, or on Nevada/OpenSolaris? If on the latter,
which build?

   Erik