On 3/29/07, Krzys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Great, thank you Jerry....

Is there any way to replicate zone from one server to another without actually
bringing down the original zone down? I have a production server that I want to
duplicate and I do not want to bring that zone down but I would like to
duplicate it to another server in entire state...

One way to minimize downtime is to rsync the zone over to the new
location while the zone is running. You then halt the zone, run rsync
again (there shouldn't be many changes) and then you can bring the
zone online on the new host. Downtime is measured in a few minutes
even for zones with a lot of data.

cheers,
Nickus