My setup: Solaris 10 x86 11/06 running on a very recent Opteron server.

What works:
- jumpstart server with barely any customization, except setting up a
few default accounts and NFS mounts.
- log in as root, create a basic zone (set zonepath, nothing else) then
launch zoneadm install.

What doesn't work:
- jumpstart server with barely any customization, except setting up a
few default accounts and NFS mounts.
- log in as root, and apply latest recommended cluster
- reboot
- log in as root, create a basic zone (set zonepath, nothing else) then
launch zoneadm install.

This time, it complains with:
# zoneadm -z test3 install
Preparing to install zone <test3>.
Creating list of files to copy from the global zone.
Copying <1678> files to the zone.
Initializing zone product registry.
Determining zone package initialization order.
Preparing to initialize <956> packages on the zone.
Initialized <956> packages on zone.
Zone <test3> is initialized.
Installation of these packages generated errors: <SUNWkvm SUNWxwdv
SUNWesu SUNWopenssl-libraries SUNWwbsup SUNWnfscr SUNWnfscu SUNWnfssu
SUNWkrbu SUNWrcmdc SUNWscpu SUNWpmu SUNWpcu SUNWscplp SUNWsmapi SUNWgssk
SUNWib SUNWintgige SUNWipfh SUNWipfr SUNWipfu SUNWipoib SUNWixgb
SUNWtavor SUNWrmodr SUNWtnfc SUNWudapltu SUNWudapltr SUNWudfr SUNWusb
SUNWusbs SUNWuedg SUNWugen SUNWuksp SUNWuprl SUNWusbu SUNWvolr SUNWkey
SUNWvolu SUNWradpu320 SUNWllc SUNWxcu6 SUNWxge SUNWppm SUNWpsu SUNWdfbh
SUNWdtrc SUNWdtrp SUNWfss SUNWftdur SUNWsacom SUNWmddr SUNWmv88sx
SUNWncar SUNWnfsskr SUNWnfssr SUNWopenssl-commands SUNWpcmci SUNWpcelx
SUNWpcmem SUNWpiclu SUNWpppd SUNWpppdu SUNWpsdcr SUNWpsdir SUNWpsh
SUNWqos SUNWrcapu SUNWrmodu SUNWrmwbu SUNWroute SUNWrpcib SUNWrsgk
SUNWrsm SUNWrtls SUNWsbp2 SUNWscsa1394 SUNWsi3124>
The file </zones/test3/root/var/sadm/system/logs/install_log> contains a
log of the zone installation.

and the install_log has plenty of:
*** package <SUNWkvm> failed to install - interrupted:

pkgadd: ERROR: packaging file
</var/sadm/pkg/SUNWkvm/save/pspool/SUNWkvm/pkginfo> is corrupt
    file size <2748> expected <7599> actual

Installation of <SUNWkvm> on zone <test3> failed (internal error).
No changes were made to the system.

I've done some googling around, and though I find others with the same
problem, I could not find a definite cause or solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Christophe Dupré
Administrateur Unix et Réseau Sénior