Ihsan, (apols for the direct email earlier - I meant to copy the list...)

Try
global# pkill -9 -z zonename
global# umount -f  /zonepath/zonename

Hope this would help, otherwise your hangup status is not controlable and you would have to bounce the box

Please forgive me for chiming in, but using phrases like "you would have to bounce the box" are not a good advertisement for Zones ;-) whereas we all know that Zones are fantastic.

I am sure that there will be some DTrace wizardry that will help further diagnose the hung zone; and hopefully lead to a resolution, before Mr. Gates's official recommendation should be employed ;-)

Regards... Sean.