Are you still able to do a ps -ef from the global zone without it hanging up?
If not, you may have run into a known kernel bug (Bug ID 6469395) related to
page retire. There is an IDR for that bug but no permanent patch yet. We ran
into this a couple of weeks ago on a T2000 server and have seen a hang in a
running zone as well as a zone stuck in shutting_down status. Once we got to
either condition, we had to do a server reboot. BTW, when we noticed the
problem, it only seemed to impact one zone out of the 14 running on the server
but that doesn't mean it couldn't be a creeping problem.

Phil