Hi,

What changes, if any, have been made in our patching/packaging infrastructure to deal with branded zones? It is of course understandable that patchadd/pkgadd will skip "lx" types of brands that emulate entirely different operating environments.

However, it is also reasonable that we can have "userland" brands that do not emulate different OSes - the brands are basically tailor-made for certain usages; but they are identical to the native brand in all aspects of patching/packaging. How does patching/packaging deal with such brands?

Thanks,
Zoram
--
Zoram Thanga::Sun Cluster Development::http://blogs.sun.com/zoram