AFAIK, no.  Ideas previously thrown up includes having the global zone
place this information in the local zone's filesystem.

E.g.
# zoneadm -z <myzone> boot
# echo Global Zone: `hostname` since `date` > `zonecfg -z phd-corner-z
info zonepath | cut -f2 -d' '`/root/etc/globalzone_info

--
Just me,
Wire ...