Sean,

typing zonename will tell you the zone name , if it's not global , you're in a local zone ;-)

As for finding out what global zone you belong , not sure there's a way other than naming convention etc ...

Sean Parkinson wrote:
Good Afternoon all...

We support a fairly large environment where I work, and will be seeing quite a bit more zones in the future. Unfortunately not everyone works to stand up every project's servers, so many of us admins will be working to administer something that we might not know is a zone.
Is there a way to tell, after logging in and SU-ing to root, if you're in a
zone, and if so, what the name of the global zone/host server is, so that if
there is a hardware issue you know exactly which box to log into and
troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Sean